Marilyn Colon, P.A.
2424 Coral Way
Miami, FL, 33145
(305) 859-2424



Copyright 2015 Marilyn Colon, P.A..
All Rights Reserved.

9AM - 5PM

Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.


Call For A Free Consultation

2424 Coral Way

Miami, FL 33145



Alimony is also referred to as spousal support and can be ordered for either spouse.  Alimony is not restricted to divorce scenarios and may also be obtained in situations where a spouse feels compelled to request support unconnected to a divorce.  Florida law provides different forms of alimony such as bridge-the-gap alimony, rehabilitative alimony, temporary alimony, durational alimony or permanent alimony.  There are numerous factors a Court weighs when considering whether alimony is appropriate in a particular circumstance in addition to the needs of the requesting spouse and the ability the other spouse has to pay support.   When there is a substantial unanticipated change, such as an extended period of reduced income, cohabitation, or a change in needs, change in ability to pay, for example, an individual can request that alimony be modified, terminated or abated for a period of time.  In the event that a spouse refuses to pay alimony as ordered, it is important to retain an attorney that will aggressively and quickly work to enforce a prior Court order.